Ready for a mouthwatering recipe for these pork spare ribs?
Here you go!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup spice rub (taco seasoning or fajita seasoning)
- 2 tbs. paprika
- 1 cup beer
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs. honey
- 1 tbs brown mustard
- Mix the brown sugar, spice rub seasoning, and paprika in a bowl. Rub both sides of the pork spareribs with the brown sugar mixture. Place the spareribs in a 9x13-inch baking pan; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat an oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Whisk together the beer, garlic, honey, and mustard in a bowl. Set aside.
- Tear off 2 large sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil and lay them shiny-side down. Place a rack of spareribs on each sheet, meaty-side up. Tear off 2 more sheets of foil and place them on top of the ribs, shiny-side up. Begin tightly folding the edges of the foil together to create a sealed packet. Just before sealing completely, divide the beer mixture evenly into each packet. Complete the seal. Place the packets side-by-side on an 11x14-inch baking sheet. (alternatively you can use parchment paper if you do not want to use foil)
- Bake in the preheated oven until the ribs are very tender, 3 hours and 30 minutes to 4 hours. Carefully open each packet, and drain the drippings into a saucepan. You may only need the drippings from one packet. Set ribs aside. Simmer the drippings over medium-high heat until the sauce begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Brush the thickened sauce over the ribs.
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Place the ribs back into the oven and broil until the sauce is lightly caramelized, 5 to 7 minutes.
About our pork:
We believe animals should be treated with respect.
At Miller's Biodiversity Farm our pigs live in their natural habitat - the woods. Our pig's root, dig and forage for countless acorns and bugs.
Our pigs have free access to wholesome and nutritious food.
In addition to the food they find solo, we feed the pigs lots of skim milk along with their regular feed.
The feed we provide our pigs with is a specially formulated blend of corn, peas, ground oats, fish meal, seashell flour, alfalfa meal, wheat middlings, and a nutri-balancer which has kelp, probiotics, vitamins, and minerals that they are free to feed on as they wish.
A difference you can taste!
The quality of life of our pigs comes through in the quality of our pork products. When you order pork from Miller's Bio Farm you can be sure that you are getting the real deal!