- (4 Tbs, divided) A2 COW Ghee (Glass)
- (1 medium, chopped) Onions, Yellow
- (2 medium, peeled and chopped) Carrots
- (2 medium, chopped) Celery ribs
- (1/4 cup) Tomato paste
- (2 cups) Seasonal vegetables (potatoes, squash, beans, peas, etc)
- (4 cloves, minced) Garlic
- (1/2 tsp) Oregano
- (1/2 tsp) Thyme
- (1 - 28oz can) Diced tomatoes
- (4 cups) Chicken Bone Broth
- (2 cups) Water
- (1 tsp) Celtic Sea Salt, Fine
- (2) Bay leaves
- (A pinch) Red pepper flakes
- (to taste) Black pepper
- (1 cup) Orecchiette, elbow or small shell pasta
- (1-1/2 cups) Cooked white beans
- (2 cups) Baby spinach, baby kale, escarole, or any cooking green
- (2 tsp) Lemon juice
- (Grated for garnishing) SHEEP Rind-Ripened Cheese, Raw
- (1 lb) Sausage Links, Amish
1 - Warm 3 Tbs ghee in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, tomato paste, and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until the onions are translucent. This should take around 7 minutes.
2 - Add the seasonal vegetables, garlic, oregano, and thyme. Cook two minutes until fragrant.
3 - Pour in diced tomatoes, broth, and water. Add salt, bay leaves, red pepper flakes, and black pepper.
4 - Raise heat and bring to a boil. Partially cover the pot with a lid, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
5 - While the soup is simmering, put a skillet with 1 Tbs ghee on the stove over medium high heat. When skillet is hot, brown the sausages on all sides. This should take about 5-10 minutes. Remove sausages from pan and let rest on cutting board.
6 - Add the beans, pasta, and greens to the soup. Cook until pasta is al dente and the greens are tender, about 20 minutes.
7 - Slice the sausage and add to soup. Stir in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve in bowls garnished with grated sheep rind-ripened cheese.
*Photo by Katrin Morenz from Aachen, Deutschland [CC BY-SA 2.0]