Oven Fried Turkey Skin Cracklings
January 25, 2022 • 0 comments
Sure, we all know turkey skin is the best part of the bird, but why only enjoy it once or twice a year at your holiday table? Treat your self to turkey skin anytime of the year with these crispy, crunchy, and oh so delicious turkey skin cracklings. This low carb, protein packed, keto friendly snack is so good your whole family will beg you to make them all the time!
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 4
- (1 lb) Turkey Skin
- (To Taste) Salt
- (To Taste) Pepper
- (To Taste) Seasoning or dried herbs of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400 F and place rack to middle position. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dry the skins completely on paper towels and stretch out onto the parchment paper in a single layer.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper or your favorite seasoning. Go easy because the turkey skin will shrink (as much as 50%) as it cooks, concentrating the seasoning. The turkey skin will fry in its own fat.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until browned and crisp. They should be a deep golden brown, a little darker than the photos. Remove from the pan and drain excess fat on paper towels.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Place on a sheet pan in a 350 F oven for several minutes to re-crisp leftovers if needed.
Serving: 1oz | Calories: 126kcal | Protein: 4.5g | Fat: 12g
*Recipe and photo credit to: Low Carb Maven