- Cut pears in half.
- Remove seeds with a melon baller.
- Cut a small sliver off the bottoms so pears sit upright.
- Brush pears with melted butter (you can also add cinnamon/cardamom at this time).
- Bake facing up at 400°F for about 35-40 minutes or until soft.
- Remove from oven and stuff pears with raw blue cheese, pecans and raw honey while they are warm.
- Drizzle with raw honey, add more cheese to garnish and sprinkle spices.
- Serve immediately.
Since this recipe uses raw cheese it's best not to bake the cheese in the oven.
Stuff the pears as soon as you take them out of the oven with room temperature cheese, toasted pecans, raw honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon and cardamom.
Add more honey if you want them sweeter.
Adjust spices to your liking.
Cooking raw cheese will damage the beneficial bacteria, enzymes and nutrients.
It's best to avoid heating it if possible. Slightly warmed just until melted if you heat it.