- (8) 1 dozen - Brown Corn & Soy Free Chicken Eggs
- (1 cup) green bell peppers, diced
- (1/2) medium yellow onion, diced
- (3/4 cup) shredded cheddar cheese
- (1 tsp) sea salt
- (3/4 cup) tomatoes, diced
- (1/2 tsp) ground black pepper
- (6 strips) cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
- (1 tsp) raw honey (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Line a muffin tin with silicone or paper muffin liners. If not using muffin liners, coat the muffin pan with butter or oil. You can also use a silicone muffin mold.
3. Saute peppers, tomato and onion in a skillet over medium heat until tender.
4. In a large mixing bowl, crack the eggs and lightly beat with a whisk. Don’t overbeat if you want them fluffy.
5. Add salt and pepper, whisk to combine Add sauteed vegetables, cheese and bacon.
6. Stir to combine.
7. Fill each muffin mold 3/4 full with mixture. Extra cheese can be sprinkled over the top of each cup.
8. Bake for 20 minutes, or until muffins are set, cooked through and lightly golden. They will puff in the oven but sink upon cooling.
9. Allow muffins to cool in a pan on top of a wire rack for about 5 minutes before removing.
10.Garnish with your favorite toppings.
*Chop vegetables in small and evenly sized pieces. This helps to keep the
*Mix and match with your favorite vegetables.
*For a pop of color add a mixture of bell peppers (orange, yellow, green, red).
*Don’t over whisk the eggs if you want light and fluffy egg muffins.
*Fill the muffin cups only 3/4 full or they can overflow while baking.
*Let the breakfast muffins cool before removing from the muffin pan to serve.
*Drizzle raw honey over the top if you like a touch of sweetness.
*Garnish suggestions: Avocado, tomato, bacon, cheese, basil, honey.
*Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 3 days. Reheat on stovetop with butter and oil over medium heat.