- (5 lbs) Pork Country Ribs
- (to taste) Salt and pepper
- (3 Tbs) A2 COW Ghee (Glass)
- (3 medium) Onions, Yellow
- (3 medium, peeled and chopped) Carrots
- (2, chopped) Celery stalks
- (3 Tbs) Flour, Whole Einkorn
- (1 Tbs) Tomato paste
- (3 cups) Red Wine (preferably Cabernet Sauvignon but any will do it)
- (2 tsp) Parsley
- (1-1/2 tsp) Thyme
- (1 tsp) Oregano
- (1/2 tsp) Rosemary
- (2) Bay leaves
- (1, halved crosswise) Head of Garlic
- (4 cups) Beef Bone Broth
1 - Preheat oven to 350F. Heat ghee in Dutch oven over medium high heat. Season ribs with salt and pepper.
2 - Working in batches, brown short ribs on all sides in the Dutch oven. It should take about 8 minutes per batch. Once browned, transfer onto a plate.
3 - Add onion, carrots, and celery to the pot. Cook until onions are tender and browned.
4 - Add flour and tomato paste. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
5 - Stir in wine. Then add short ribs and any accumulated juices.
6 - Bring to a boil. Then, lower heat to medium and let simmer until liquid is reduced by half. This should take about 20-30 minutes.
7 - Add all herbs and garlic. Add broth. Stir and bring back to a boil. Then, cover and transfer to the oven.
8 - Cook until tender, for at least 2-1/2 hours.
When it's time to eat, place ribs on a serving dish. Strain the broth (optional) and season to taste with salt and pepper. It's yummy served over mashed potatoes with sauce spooned over.