- (1) Stewing Hen
- (2 lbs) Gnocchi
- (6 Tbsp, cold) 1lb Unsalted A2/A2 Butter
- (32 oz.) Chicken Broth
- (1/4 cup, fresh squeezed) Lemon Juice
- (2 Tbsp) 1 quart - A2/A2 Ghee (Glass)
- (1/4 cup, grated) Parmesan Cheese
- (2 cloves) 8oz - White Garlic
- (1/2 Tbsp) Capers
- (1/2-1Tbsp) Arrowroot Flour
- (1 sprig, fresh) Rosemary
- (to taste) Fine Celtic Sea Salt, 8oz
- (to taste) Black Pepper
- Add whole, thawed stewing hen and 32oz chicken stock to crockpot on low setting overnight.
- 12 hours of cook time is perfect to get the meat juicy and tender.
- In the morning, separate the meat from the bone (let meat cool slightly, it’s very hot).
- Add the separated meat back to the crock pot on warm setting while the gnocchi and sauce are being prepared.
Lemon Butter Parmesan Sauce Ingredients
- 6 Tbsp cold butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup stock (from crock pot)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2-1 Tbsp Arrowroot flour
- 1/2-1 Tbsp capers, drained
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Add 3 tablespoons of butter and rosemary sprig to a saucepan and cook on low until melted.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly for about one minute.
- Add the chicken broth and lemon juice and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of cold butter, flour, parmesan cheese and capers. Whisk until well combined and sauce has slightly thickened.
- Taste and make necessary adjustments. Season with sea salt black pepper, to taste.
***If the sauce is too thick add more stock. If too thin add a little more flour.
**If you love lots of sauce double up the sauce ingredients. :)
- Add gnocchi to boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until gnocchi starts to float to the top.
- Strain the gnocchi and add to a very hot pan with 2 Tbsp melted ghee.
- Pan fry until crispy and lightly browned.
- Transfer gnocchi to serving plates.
- Add your favorite pieces of the stewed hen over the gnocchi and drizzle sauce over the top.
- Add extra parmesan and capers (optional)
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- If not making fresh gnocchi, store bought can be found in one pound packages in the pasta aisle (you'll need 2 packages) or use your favorite pasta instead.
- Not a fan of this sauce? Use your favorite sauce instead.
- There will also be some delicious and nutritious bone broth in your crockpot. Be sure to save this liquid for yourself or your pets. (Strain well to remove all small bone fragments).
- The hen skin can be removed before cooking and saved to fry or bake - (optional)