- In a medium bowl, combine softened butter, vanilla, honey, cinnamon and salt.
- Beat on high until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Transfer to a glass storage container and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Allow to soften slightly at room temperature before each use.
- Spread over your favorite breads, waffles, pancakes or fresh apple slices.
Maple syrup is a good substitute for honey.
Add more honey or maple syrup if you like it a bit sweeter.
Powdered sugar of choice is optional. Add 1/4 tsp at a time and taste.