- (2 1/2 cups) 2lb - All Purpose Einkorn Flour
- (1 cup, room temp) Sour Cream
- (1 tsp) Homemade Vanilla, 4oz
- (3 cups, shredded) 1lb - Orange Carrots
- (4 large) 1 dozen - Brown Corn & Soy Free Chicken Eggs
- (2 tsp) Baking Soda
- (1/2 tsp) Fine Celtic Sea Salt, 8oz
- (3 tsp) Cinnamon Powder, 4oz
- (1/2 tsp) Nutmeg Powder
- (1/4 cup, chopped) Organic Pre-Soaked Walnuts, 8oz
- (2 cups, packed) Brown Sugar, light or dark
- (10 Tbsp) 1lb Unsalted A2/A2 Butter
- (1/2 tsp) Ginger Powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cupcake liners in your muffin tins and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Constantly stir the butter until it starts to foam. Keep stirring until the butter starts to brown and smells nutty.
- Remove butter from heat. Pour in a heat safe glass cup/jar and set aside. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Wash, peel and shred the carrots. Set aside.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger in a medium size bowl.
- In another large mixing bowl, mix the browned butter, brown sugar, sour cream, 1/4 cup walnuts and vanilla. Mix until nice and smooth.
- Add in the carrots and mix. Add the eggs and whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients. Fold it into the wet ingredients until combined well.
- Pour the batter evenly into the cupcake liners. Fill each liner about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. The cupcakes are done baking when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes sit in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Let them cool completely before decorating.
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 8 oz Cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter, slightly cold (sit out for 30mins prior to using) https://millersbiofarm.com/store/product/1lb-unsalted-a2-a2-butter
- 3-4 cups Powdered sugar sifted (add 1/2 cup at a time and taste)
- ¼ cup Heavy cream https://millersbiofarm.com/store/product/1pint-100-a2-a2-guernsey-heavy-cream
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract https://millersbiofarm.com/store/product/vanilla-homemade
- Pinch of sea salt https://millersbiofarm.com/store/product/celtic-sea-salt-fine
- Chopped walnuts for garnish https://millersbiofarm.com/store/product/organic-pre-soaked-walnuts-8oz
Cream Cheese Frosting Directions
- Set the butter on the counter for 30 minutes. This will get it slightly cold. While waiting, sift the powdered sugar.
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese on high for 1 minute in a medium sized bowl. Add the butter and mix on high for about 2-3 minutes. Scrape the bowl. It should be a smooth consistency.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar. Add in the heavy cream, vanilla, and salt. Mix on low until mixed together. Switch to high and beat for 2 minutes. Use a wooden spoon to beat out the air bubbles.
- Frost cupcakes with a spatula or piping tip.
- Garnish with chopped walnuts or cinnamon powder.
Add 1/2 cup of powdered sugar at a time to the frosting and taste before adding more.
If you are on a sugar free or keto diet, replace sugar with sugar alternative of your choice.