- (1 lb) White Gulf Shrimp
- (1/4 cup) 1 quart - Cream Top A2/A2 Yogurt
- (1-2 Tbsp) 1 pint - A2/A2 Ghee (Glass)
- (1/2 cup, quartered or diced) 1 pint - Red Grape Tomatoes
- (2, mashed) Avocados
- (2 cloves, minced) 8oz - White Garlic
- (1/2 cup, diced) 1lb - Yellow Onions
- (1, diced or sliced) Jalapeño or Serrano Pepper
- (1 package street tortillas, flour or corn) Tortillas
- (1/2 cup, fresh, chopped) Cilantro
- (1 fresh, juiced) Lime
- (1.5 tsp) Smoked Paprika
- (1/4 tsp) Fine Celtic Sea Salt, 8oz
- (1/2 tsp, ground) Black Pepper
- Place shrimp on paper towels to dry until needed.
- Mix garlic, paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place shrimp in a large bowl and add spices and garlic to the shrimp coating well.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 Tbsp of Butter or Ghee until very hot.
- Add the shrimp and spread out evenly. The shrimp will cook quickly, cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan.
- Add 1 Tbsp of butter to the same pan.
- Add diced onion and sauté for 2 minutes or until clear and translucent.
- Add the shrimp back in with the fresh lime juice and cilantro.Toss to combine just until the shrimp are warm.
- Remove from heat and serve warm over tostadas.
- Add mashed avocado to each tostada and top with shrimp, tomatoes, jalapeños and greek yogurt or any of your favorite toppings.
*Prepare the tostadas right before cooking the shrimp.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp Ghee in a large skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add small street tortillas to the pan flipping after about 30 seconds.
- Cook until browned and crispy.
- Optional toppings - shredded cheese, refried beans, lettuce, salsa, hot sauce, fermented red cabbage, extra cilantro and lime.
- This shrimp can also be served with Mexican rice or in a salad for a low-carb option.
- Pre-packaged tostadas are also available at most stores if you prefer not to fry the tortillas.
- 1 lb of shrimp makes 10 tostadas with 4 pieces of shrimp on each shell.