- Place the butter in a small pot. Melt over low heat until foamy. Let it cool for 1-2 minutes to allow the layers to separate. Using a spoon, gently remove the foamy top layer of the butter and discard it. Set the clarified butter aside.
- In a large pot with a lid, melt the ghee over medium-high heat. Add the popcorn kernels, swirling the pot to coat all the kernels evenly with ghee.
- Shake the pot frequently to prevent the kernels from burning. Once the first kernel pops, cover the pot with a lid, leaving it slightly ajar to let steam escape.
- Keep shaking the pot until the popping sound slows down. Once it slows, take the pot off the heat and let it sit for a few minutes to allow the remaining kernels to pop.
- Drizzle the prepared butter over the popcorn slowly, stopping when you reach the opaque part of the melted butter. Discard the remaining butter or save it for another use.
- Stir the popcorn to ensure even butter distribution, then season with salt to your liking.
This recipe is delicious as is, but for an extra gourmet touch, consider sprinkling some of our shredded A2/A2 cheese over the top. And for those who love a sweet and salty combo, tossing in a few chocolate bark thins will do the trick. To round off this delightful snack, pair it with a refreshing glass of milk or a bubbly kombucha!
(Recipe adapted from Cassie Johnston, Wholefully)